When people arrived in the Oklahoma Territory during the Land Run of 1889, settlements and towns were few and far between. Visitors coming to see family could expect a warm welcome, hearty meals and a home-like place to stay.
Sustaining that tradition of hospitality that started during our state’s storied pioneer times, the Montford Inn offers a luxurious yet comfortable bed and breakfast in Norman, OK. You’ll notice from the moment you walk onto the wraparound porch and step inside why our inn is “Oklahoma’s premier B&B getaway.”
Constructed in 1994, the inn was custom-built and designed to combine a sophisticated atmosphere with the unmatched comforts of a bed and breakfast. You’ll feel like you’re staying at relative’s or friend’s house… one with impeccable taste and style.
Through the years, we’ve been honored with numerous awards and hosted many notable people, among them actress Helen Hunt, the late James Garner, and numerous world leaders, national dignitaries, and heads of state. It’s been a thrill and honor to have that recognition brought to our business.
Of course, many of our guests come to the Montford Inn to attend activities at the University of Oklahoma, especially cheering on the Oklahoma Sooners at a sporting event. We have long-standing ties to the University and as our owner William Murray says, “They trust us…and we’re very fortunate for that.”
But it’s not just OU alumni and parents who visit us, often returning again and again. Others come here for a romantic getaway, business meetings, family reunions, or simply want a quieter alternative to staying in nearby Oklahoma City, just 30 minutes away.
Whatever your reasons for staying with us, you’ll have plenty of accommodation options to choose from. Each of our ten rooms and six cottages has their own distinctive décor theme, but all of them offer premier bedding, unique furnishings, extensive amenities, and private bathrooms. You’ll find that your stay is filled with the special personal touches that no large chain hotel can offer, and very few other bed and breakfasts think about.
Welcome to the Montford Inn… we’re thrilled to have you as our guests!
An Award Winning Oklahoma Bed and Breakfast
Watch a TV feature of the Inn below.
We are members of the following associations:
- Select Registry, Distinguished Inns of North America
- BedandBreakfast.com Diamond Collection
- Norman, Oklahoma Chamber of Commerce
- Visit Norman Visitors Bureau
Montford Inn Has Been Featured On
- Fodor’s Special Places
- Triple A Travel Guide
- Mobil Guide
- Exploring Oklahoma Together
- Traveling America’s Back Roads
- Secrets of Entertaining
- Select Registry Distinguished Inns of North America Travel Guide
- Southern Living Magazine
- Oklahoma Today Magazine
- Country Magazine
- Country Inns Magazine
- Holiday Magazine
- Big 12 Magazine
- Kappa Alpha Theta Magazine
- Hobby Lobby Craft Magazine
- Bed and Breakfast America Magazine
Awards for our Oklahoma Bed and Breakfast
TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2012, 2013, 2014
Oklahoma Magazine Best of the Best
- Norman Transcript Readers choice winner: Best Place for Guests to Stay Overnight
- Norman Transcript Readers choice winner: Best Overall Service
- Norman Transcript Readers choice winner: Best Place to Get Married
- Commendation from the Oklahoma House of Representatives acting on behalf of the citizens of Oklahoma
- One of the 10 outstanding new inns in USA: selected and named by Inn Marketing 1995.
- Metro Readers Choice top five finalist: Best Place to Spend the Night