Looking for the best things to do in Oklahoma City? We’ve put together a carefully curated list of the best attractions and things to do in Oklahoma City…
Attractions and Things to Do in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City is a busy town full of amazing places to see and things to do. Visitors to OKC can easily find themselves overwhelmed with all the options. That’s why we’ve done the work of narrowing down the choices for you – providing you with a list of the best things to do in Oklahoma City!
Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City is full of amazing restaurants and eateries. Whether you’re looking to grab a quick bite, want to linger over a cup of coffee, prefer a fine dining experience, or want to hit the bar scene, there are many options from which to choose.
Here are a few of our top recommendations of restaurants in OKC:
- Ray’s Smokehouse BBQ brings the best of Oklahoma City’s iconic BBQ flavor to the table with melt-in-your-mouth ribs that are “so tender, you won’t need teeth.”
- Nic’s Grill is rated the #1 restaurant in OKC, and it’s only open 4 hrs a day! Called a “burger nirvana” be sure to arrive early, as lines form and seating is limited!
- Hideaway Pizza is an Oklahoma original pizza chain. Most of its menu was created by employees and grows each year as they gather together and taste each other’s latest creations.
- Kitchen No. 324 is a craft bakery located in an old airliner company so that old can meet new. Local ingredients meet authentic hospitality.
- Paseo Grill is great restaurant with delightful ambiance and delicious food. It’s located in the middle of the Paseo Arts district.
- Cheever’s Cafe is located in the original Cheever’s Flower shop – a piece of OKC history. The dessert menu is worth a stop, even if it’s all you have room for!
We also recommend checking out these amazing romantic restaurants in Oklahoma City.
Annual Festivals in OKC
Many visitors come to Oklahoma City for its culture and festivals. Here are a few you won’t want to miss!
- deadCENTER Film Festival is a top film event each year. And its name comes from being held at the dead center of the USA – right in OKC.
- The Oklahoma Regatta Festival is held annually in the Boathouse District. The regatta features kayaks, rowing, and dragon boating.
- The Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon takes place in April when OKC is transformed into a marathon city. This is one of the top 12 marathons in the country and shows the heart of the city.
And car enthusiasts will love checking out the best Oklahoma City car shows happening throughout the year in the city and its surrounding suburbs!
Oklahoma City Things to Do
Are you looking for an activity to try or a destination to visit in Oklahoma City? We’ve got you covered!
Fun & Games in OKC
If you’re looking for an exciting adventure in OKC, you’ll want to check out some of these fun “play” areas around Oklahoma City:
- The Escape OKC is a new, simple, and fun live escape game designed for groups of 2-6. You’ll have an hour to figure out how to get through a mountain of puzzles and find your way out of the room.
- The Boathouse District and Riversport Adventures offer lots of great outdoor adventures such as whitewater rafting, zip lines, a six-story adventure course, and more!
- Celebration Station has mini-golf, go-carts, bumper boats, and an arcade for guests to enjoy. Bring the family or enjoy a fun date night!
- Love thrill rides? Be sure to plan a visit to Frontier City – Oklahoma City’s amusement park. Rollercoasters, midway rides, shows, and more are waiting for you to enjoy.
- TopGolf is a fun date night activity in Oklahoma City. Or check out one of the best golf courses in OKC for a day full of tees and greens.
Best Museums in Oklahoma City
There are several interesting museums in OKC that you’ll want to be sure to check out. A couple of our favorites include:
- The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum collects, preserves and exhibits an internationally renowned collection of Western art and artifacts while sponsoring dynamic educational programs to stimulate interest in the enduring legacy of our American West.
- The Museum of Osteology focuses on the form and function of skeletons. It has hundreds of skulls and skeletons on display from all over the world.
Oklahoma City Zoo
The Oklahoma City Zoo covers 119 acres and is home to more than 1800 animals! The zoo is located in the Adventure District of OKC.
The OKC Zoo attracts visitors of all ages to its many exhibits, including its popular butterfly garden and stingray tank!
Best Casinos in OKC
Many visitors to Oklahoma City enjoy spending a couple of hours trying their luck at one of the top OKC casinos. It can be a fun way to earn some extra spending money during your trip!
- Riverwind Casino offers standard casino games along with stage shows and three different dining venues.
- Salt Creek Casino is the area’s newest casino and boasts more than 500 electronic and table games for players to enjoy.
Iconic Selfie Spots
Want to take a selfie tour of some of the most iconic spots in Oklahoma City and its surrounding area? We’ve got a list of the top “must-see” attractions that would make great selfie spots to share on your social media feed: 7 Places You Have to See in the OKC Area.
Best Shopping in Oklahoma City
If you love to shop, you’ll love OKC! Full of specialty boutiques, outlet malls, antique stores, and shopping centers, Oklahoma City is sure to have whatever special souvenirs you’re looking to bring home.
Some of our favorite shopping places include:
- Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City
- Penn Square Mall
- Quail Springs Mall
- PLENTY Mercantile
- 23rd Street Antique Mall
- Full Circle Bookstore
- Tin Lizzie’s
- The Rusty Chandelier
Get ready to shop ’til you drop in Oklahoma City!
Romantic Date Ideas in Oklahoma City
Whether you’re an OKC local looking for a date night idea or are coming to Oklahoma City for a romantic weekend, we’ve got you covered:
- Best Romantic Things to Do in Oklahoma City
- 32 Amazing Winter Date Night Ideas in Oklahoma City
- Ultimate List of Outdoor Romantic Activities in Oklahoma City
Where to Stay in Oklahoma City
- Montford Inn: nestled in the historic district of Norman, this quaint bed-and-breakfast offers a private escape from the busy city while being just a short drive away from downtown OKC.
- Skirvin Hilton OKC: this downtown Oklahoma City hotel offers luxury and convenience for guests to OKC.
- 21C Museum Hotel: a contemporary hotel that doubles as an art museum, this OKC landmark offers a unique location that guests love.